What is Receipt Capture?
- You are required to maintain one receipt of every transaction for your records.
- Receipt capture allows you to capture your customer’s signature electronically instead of on a paper receipt.
- If your customer disputes any charges then you can produce this electronic copy of the receipt to provide proof of sale.
- If you are not able to produce a receipt on a disputed charge then your customer will typically have those charges reversed from their account, and you will not get paid!
How Does It Work?
- You will process an electronic transaction (credit card, pin-based debit card, or check conversion) through the normal procedure using the Merchant Diamond.
- Your customer will sign the receipt capture pad (like you see in most large businesses today) instead of a paper receipt.
- You can print a copy for the customer but will NOT need to print a separate copy for your records.
- At the end of the day the Merchant Diamond will batch the daily transactions receipts to the Merchant Server and store them electronically for you.
Benefits of Receipt Capture
- Reduce Chargebacks and save money – we keep the receipts for you!
- Convenience – no more printing and keeping receipts.
- Reduce printing – no need to print your receipts, which means less paper and less cost for you.
To get started with Receipt Capture
Call Us to Get Started Today!